Professional Teeth Cleaning in North Edmonton
Steps Involved in Teeth Cleaning
Our dentists take the following steps for teeth cleaning:
Scaling is a procedure that removes tartar deposits from your teeth by using a device called a scaler. If there are large pieces of tartar, an ultrasonic scaler can be used. This will gently remove the hard calculus sticking to your teeth.
This step helps to remove the stains on the enamel. Polishing helps to prevent plaque and oral bacteria formation.
A fluoride treatment after each cleaning helps to strengthen the enamel. It can be applied as a rinse, gel foam, or varnish.
Benefits of Practicing Good Oral Hygiene
Practicing good dental hygiene has the following advantages:
- Gum diseases such as gingivitis can be prevented, which if not treated initially might result in periodontitis
- Tooth decay, cavities, and bad breath can be avoided
- Tooth sensitivities will be reduced
- Overall oral health will improve
How to Keep Your Teeth Clean
Brushing your teeth twice a day and flossing daily can help you keep your teeth clean. But along with this, you should follow the following tips for better teeth and overall oral hygiene.
- Use a brush with a small head and soft bristles so that it can reach the teeth at the back of your mouth as well as be gentle on your gums
- Use toothpaste with fluoride, as it helps in hardening the enamel
- Brush for about 2-3 minutes thoroughly
- Avoid using your teeth for cracking nuts or removing bottle tops, this might result in chipping or breaking a tooth.
- Always wear a mouth guard or a full-face helmet while playing sports
- Limit having soft drinks, fruit juices, and sugary foods; such products weaken the tooth enamel and lead to the formation of dental plaque
- Visit your dentist regularly
If you haven’t visited a dentist for a long time, or are looking for a new dental clinic call us today to book an appointment with our dental hygienist at our North Edmonton clinic. You can fill out the form present on this page, or message us on Facebook for further queries.